This guide provides details on how to fully uninstall SoundID Reference from your Windows machine.
In this article:
- Uninstalling SoundID Reference apps and plugins
- Removing the Sonarworks folder (user data and profiles)
- Clearing the registry data
Uninstalling SoundID Reference apps and plugins
To uninstall the SoundID Reference apps, access the Installed Apps list on your computer, then uninstall the software:
- Quit the SoundID Reference app by right-clicking on the system tray icon
- Click on the Start Menu, and go to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps
- Type "SoundID Reference" in the search bar to find the installed components
- Click on ... (options) > Uninstall for all SoundID Reference components:
- SoundID Reference
- SoundID Reference Measure
- SoundID Reference AAX Plugin for Pro Tools 11/12
- SoundID Reference VST Plugin (64-bit)
- SoundID Reference VST3 Plugin (64-bit)
SoundID Reference plugin locations
SoundID Reference VST, VST3, and AAX plugins can also be removed manually, if necessary. The plugins are located in the Program Files directory by default (unless a custom location was assigned when installing):
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\SoundID Reference VST Plugin x64.dll C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\SoundID Reference VST3 Plugin.vst3 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\SoundID Reference.aaxplugin\Contents\x64\SoundID Reference.aaxplugin
Removing the Sonarworks folder (user data and profiles)
SoundID Reference software also stores files such as calibration profiles, log files, settings data, license information, and other data. This data is stored in the Sonarworks folder and can be deleted by navigating to the directory shown below.
Keep in mind that this will delete all your user data, including any speaker profiles you've created. If you wish to back up your profiles, you can simply copy them from the location shown here: Where can I find my speaker profile?
NOTE: The User\AppData directory is hidden by default. Open File Explorer, and in the top menu, click on View > Show > Hidden items to reveal hidden items, or see detailed instructions here: How to show hidden files Mac and Windows?
Clearing the registry data
Some registry entries can be partially kept as the uninstaller won't remove them. To delete the entries manually, procced with the steps below:
- Press Win key + R to open Run
- In Run, type in: regedit
- Navigate to this directory:
- Delete the entire Sonarworks folder