This guide will review the measurement process and DADman profile creation in SoundID Reference Measure. With the measurement stages completed, the article will continue with the export instructions for the DADman profile.
IMPORTANT! The calibration profile export feature is not available for trial licenses!
In this article:
- Measurement process & DADman profile creation
- Exporting the calibration profile
- Parametric Equalizer parameter file
Measurement process & DADman profile creation
The calibration process starts with the SoundID Reference Measure application. Before measuring your speakers, the process will guide you through the initial setup stage. The hardware setup stage consists of the following steps:
- Open the DADman control software and launch the Measure app
- During the Hardware setup stage in Measure:
- Click on the I have an Avid MTRX or DAD family interface with SPQ processing option.
- Click 'Browse' to load your current DADman profile - search for your .dmprof file.
- Confirm your active DADman Output group container and Output group to measure.
- Click on Next - the Measure app will now create a copy of your DADman profile (a new Profile name - Sonarworks.dmprof file will be created, which will be used during the measurement process).
- Return to the DADman control software, go to File > Open profile, and select the new DADman profile (the Sonarworks.dmprof file created during the previous step).
- Return to the Measure app, click on Yes, my profile is loaded to verify, and Yes, my output is set to confirm the active DADman output group.
- Proceed through the Hardware setup and Listening spot stages in Measure (no specific DADman steps required).
- Proceed with the measurement process - Listening Spot, Volume matching, and Room response.
- Review the Results and save the calibration profile to your computer > Open Reference app.
Exporting the calibration profile
The SoundID Reference will create an export DADman profile which later will be applied to the DADman control software.
- Add output device - Select your audio interface to create an output device.
- Load the calibration profile - The measured calibration profile has been created by the Measure app.
- On the right from the Preset, click on the three-dot button and select the Export option.
- Select the DAD family with SPQ DSP as your device
- File type - DADman profile file
- Close DADman - DADman > Quit DADman
- Load your DADman Sonarworks profile that has been used during the measurement process
- Confirm the output group container > Export
- Relaunch DADman for the DADman profile export to be applied
NOTE: DADman Master output fader will be reduced by 40% for safety.
The exported calibration profile will include the following information by default:
- Calibration Curve: Applied calibration curve of the measured speakers
- Target Curve: determined by the target mode: Flat, Custom EQ, Translation Check, Dolby Atmos music curve
- Dry/Wet: the level of calibration applied
- Listening Spot: volume and timing differences measured between speakers
- Limit Controls: frequency range affected by calibration
- Preset name: Name of the calibration profile
Changes can be made to each item above in the SoundID Reference app before the profile export. This will include the changes in the export profile that will be applied to DADman.
Parametric Equalizer parameter file
- Choose one of the three target curves - Flat Target, Dolby Atmos Music, Custom Target
- Select the corrections to keep - Dry/Wet level, Listening Spot, Limit Controls
- Clicking on the preset’s three-dot button displays a menu with an export option
- Select Avid MTRX family or DAD family interface from the integrated device list
- Select the 'Parametric Equalizer parameter file' option
- Proceed to save the calibration profile