This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to install SoundID Reference legacy version 5.2. If you experience an issue or your OS is not compatible with the latest update, simply follow this article.
In this article:
- Installing the 5.2 legacy version of SoundID Reference
- Changes that will happen with the Legacy version
Installing the 5.2 legacy version of SoundID Reference
If you're having some issues with the latest update of SoundID Reference, you can always downgrade and revert back to the 5.2 version. Follow these instructions:
- Uninstall the current components manually:
→ How to uninstall SoundID Reference (Windows)?
→ How to uninstall SoundID Reference (Mac)?
- Follow instructions on Deleting the config file in SoundID Reference standalone app
- Download and launch the SoundID Reference online installer
- Click on the Customize button
- Click on the version box, and select the 220.127.116.11 legacy version from the dropdown menu
NOTE! The dropdown menu will only display options available for your operating system. Learn more here.
Changes that will happen with the Legacy version
Be advised, an important thing to remember is that the Legacy version of the SoundID Reference will not feature any latest development changes. This includes the new locations for macOS specifically. If you have been using the latest version of SoundID Reference, please make sure you have copied the saved files such as calibration profiles (Sonarworks Projects) from the new location to the legacy:
Version 5.4 or later: Macintosh HD/Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Sonarworks/SoundID Reference/
Version 5.3 or older: Macintosh HD/Users/your username/Library/Sonarworks/SoundID Reference/