If there is no sound present or the sound output is distorted after computer sleep with SoundID Reference running, this guide will highlight known common issues and troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.
Article updated: Aug 09, 2023
Resolution date/version: TBD
Power-saving state issue
When this issue occurs, it manifests itself as either the SoundID Reference Virtual Audio Device not being available or a choppy/distorted output when the computer has been woken up from the power-saving state (sleep mode). Our developers are currently looking into it. With this in mind, here are three workarounds that help in this scenario:
Restarting Playback Engine
- Open the SoundID Reference standalone app
- Navigate to your assigned audio interface in the Output Panel
- Click on '…' (the three-dot menu) > Device settings
- Click on Restart playback engine
Relaunching the SoundID Reference app
- Click on the SoundID Reference tray icon (right-click for Windows)
- Select "Quit"
- Launch SoundID Reference
Using the WASAPI to ASIO driver
- The sleep-related issue was resolved in this driver type. Read here how to set it up: Setting up Virtual Windows audio to ASIO driver in the SoundID Reference app [WIN]