Power-saving state issue
When this issue occurs, it manifests itself as either the SoundID Reference Virtual Audio Device not being available or a choppy/distorted output when the computer has been woken up from the power-saving state (sleep mode). Our developers are currently looking into it.
To resolve the issue, please install our latest release, version 126.96.36.199.
Below are two workarounds that were a solution on the public release:
Restarting Playback Engine
- Open the SoundID Reference standalone app
- Navigate to your assigned audio interface in the Output Panel
- Click on '…' (the three-dot menu) > Device settings
- Click on Restart playback engine
Relaunching the SoundID Reference app
- Click on the SoundID Reference tray icon
- Select "Quit"
- Launch SoundID Reference