If you're encountering issues activating the SoundID Reference license from the user account, this guide provides tips on common issues that cause trouble with activation.
In this article:
How to activate SoundID Reference on your computer
If you are activating SoundID Reference for the first time, take a look at our support article on how to activate SoundID Reference here: How to activate SoundID Reference
The last step of the activation process requires you to allow the communication between the browser and the SoundID Reference app. If everything is working correctly, you will see a pop-up message in your browser after clicking on 'Activate on this device' in your Sonarworks.com user account that will prompt to open SoundID Reference.
Unable to complete the activation process
If you are getting stuck in your browser after clicking on 'Activate on this device' in your account (no pop-up appears in the browser prompting to launch SoundID Reference), there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:
- Launch the SoundID Reference app prior to beginning the activation process (if you're unable to launch the app, please delete the app's configuration file: Deleting the config file in SoundID Reference standalone app);
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies (Google Chrome guide, Mozilla Firefox guide);
- Use the default browser on your machine for the activation process (Microsoft Edge or Safari);
- Check whether any pop-ups are being blocked in your browser (Google Chrome guide. Mozilla Firefox guide);
- If the pop-up does appear, but you don't see SoundID Reference as an option, make sure that SoundID Reference is mentioned in Windows Apps or Mac Applications. If the app is not found, most likely it has not installed properly. Try installing the software one more time.