This guide highlights the Jones-Scanlon Studio monitors that have the DSP board to enable the calibration profile export and how to obtain the upgrade from Jones-Scanlon.
In this article:
- Are my Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors compatible with the SoundID Reference integration?
- Can I use this integration if I already own Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors (older version)?
Are my Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors compatible with the SoundID Reference integration?
The latest versions of Jones-Scanlon speakers purchased since Nov 05, 2021, are already shipped with a Sonarworks-compatible DSP board. You will be able to run SoundID Reference calibration on them as described in these how-to articles:
- Exporting a calibration profile for Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors
- Uploading the calibration files into Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors
- Learn more: Applying calibration on supported devices
Can I use this integration if I already own Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors (older version)?
Yes, this is possible with hardware modification! If you already own Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors purchased before Nov 05, 2021, it is possible to upgrade the DSP boards in your speaker units to be compatible with this integration. This will involve a paid hardware component upgrade on your existing Jones-Scanlon speaker units. Here's how it works:
- Purchase the DSP board upgrade from Wayne Jones Audio here: Jones-Scanlon DSP Upgrade Boards with SoundID integration (pair)
- The new DSP boards will be shipped to you
- Replace the boards with a simple procedure described here
- Proceed to set up the calibration on your speakers as shown above
If you have any additional questions, please contact Wayne Jones Audio for solutions here!