This guide offers step-by-step instructions on how to collect the SoundID Reference crash logs if you have experienced an application crash, or how to use a crash dump tool to manually generate the crash logs.
In this article:
- SoundID Reference standalone app crash
- Automatic crash logs
- Collecting crash dump logs
- Regular log collection
SoundID Reference standalone app crash
If you are experiencing a SoundID Reference app crash or silent crash (app quitting unexpectedly without any error messages or other indications), the following steps on collecting and forwarding crash logs to us will help us with our investigation.
Automatic crash logs
With the release of SoundID Reference version 5.7.3, a new feature has been implemented, which shows an action message in case of a crash of the SoundID Reference standalone app. When a crash occurs, follow these steps:
- Click "Contact support" to create a support ticket
- Click "Save report"
- This saves the report and opens the directory for collection
- Attach the entire folder to the support request
Collecting crash dump logs
In case the automatic crash logs are not gathered, it will be useful to send over crash dump logs instead. Here is how to gather them:
- Download the CrashDumpTool.exe file (attached at the bottom)
- Run CrashDumpTool.exe file
- Click on the Browse button, navigate to the SoundID Reference app directory, select SoundID Reference.exe file, and click the Open button:
C:\Program Files\Sonarworks\SoundID Reference\Systemwide\SoundID Reference.exe
- Select the Full dump option in the Crash Dump Type dropdown menu
- Click on the Run button, wait until the app crash
- Click on the Show button to open the crash dump file location
If the file size is too large to be attached, please compress the file to a zipped folder.
Regular log collection
It will also be helpful for our developers to receive the regular log files if the automatic crash log was not generated. Here is how to collect them: Locating the log files for SoundID Reference software.