If you encounter an issue with activating SoundID Reference, this guide offers troubleshooting steps that can resolve the problem.
In this article:
Deactivate device via your Sonarworks user account
If you are experiencing problems with activating your license on SoundID Reference software, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your user account and find your active SoundID Reference license, expand the Device view, and click on Deactivate next to your current device:
If you do have a trial license on your account, please deactivate it as well.
Once this is done, please expand the Device view for your full SoundID Reference license and click on Activate on this device. This will automatically open the SoundID Reference app or you will get a prompt window asking you to approve the opening of the SoundID Reference application. Please click on Open SoundID Reference.
Once the app loads, it should be activated with your permanent SoundID Reference license.
If the above method does not activate the SoundID Reference app, please follow the steps below depending on your operating system:
1. Once again, open your user account, log in if needed, and expand the device view of your permanent SoundID Reference license, and click on Deactivate next to your current device:
2. Once this is done, go to this location on your Mac and delete the license.json and user.json files:
Macintosh HD/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Sonarworks/SoundID Reference
NOTE: Please note that the Users/Library is a hidden location on Mac by default - to access it manually, you will need to allow Finder to show hidden files. In Finder, press Cmd+Shift+.(dot), and your hidden files will become visible. Press the combination again to hide the files.
3. Once that is done, log into your user account again and click on 'Activate on this device':
4. SoundID Reference should open with a full license activated.
Note for macOS users: Since version 5.4.0 (Oct 18, 2022) the folder destination has been moved from ~/Library/Sonarworks to ~/Library/Application Support/Sonarworks
1. Log into your user account and under your SoundID Reference license, expand the Device view, and click on 'Deactivate' next to your current device:
2. Navigate to the following location and delete the license.json and the user.json files:
NOTE: the AppData folder is hidden by default in Windows, so you will have to make hidden folders visible. Hidden folders like AppData can be made visible by checking the Hidden Items box in the Windows Explorer View tab:
Alternatively, you can copy-paste the following address into the Windows Explorer address bar and press Enter:
3. Once that is done, log into your user account again and click on 'Activate on this device'
4. SoundID Reference should open with a full license active on it.