If you own a SoundID Reference measurement microphone and need to access the actual calibration profiles, this guide provides steps on how to download the calibration files.
In this article:
- Microphone ID
- Loading the microphone calibration profile in SoundID Reference
- Downloading the microphone calibration files
- Uploading the calibration microphone profile in the SoundID Reference Measure application
SoundID Reference Measurement Microphones are individually calibrated to exhibit neutral frequency response during the speaker measurement process. This data is available in a form of a microphone calibration profile and can be accessed using the microphone ID code. Each microphone has its own unique microphone ID and it can be found printed on the microphone unit, as shown in the picture below.
Loading the microphone calibration profile in SoundID Reference
The mic calibration profile can be loaded straight into the SoundID Reference Measure app during the Hardware Setup stage of the speaker measurement process. To load the mic calibration profile, simply enter your Microphone ID as shown in the picture below. Note that this functionality requires an active internet connection.
Downloading the microphone calibration files
If you need to download the actual calibration files for any reason (using an offline computer, using the SoundID Reference mic with third-party software, storing them for backup purposes, etc.), they are also available to download on our downloads page here. Simply enter your Microphone ID as shown in the image below - this will download a .zip package consisting of two files:
- Microphone calibration file for 30° off-axis measurements in .swmic format (Sonarworks software native format) to be used with Sonarworks SoundID Reference and Reference 4 Measure apps.
- Microphone calibration file for 0° on-axis measurements in .txt format for third-party use.
- Microphone calibration file for 90° off-axis measurements in .swmic format to be used when measuring a multichannel system.
Uploading the microphone profile in the Measure app manually
- Download the microphone calibration files as described in the previous paragraph (see above).
- Extract the files from the downloaded .zip package.
- At the measurement microphone selection stage, please choose Different measurement microphone (as shown in the image below) and click Next.
- Click on Browse to load the calibration file
- Navigate to the microphone calibration folder (extracted from the ###.zip download), select the calibration profile needed and press Open to load the file