What's new in SoundID Reference
SoundID Reference comes packed with new features. Some of them are visible from the very first glance while others silently work in the background to provide you with an excellent experience.
Here's what the all-new SoundID Reference has to offer (free trial available here):
- Translation Check - simulate different devices without leaving your monitoring space
- Custom Target - fine-tune the target curve with a built-in parametric EQ
- New system-wide drivers - near-zero latency audio drivers for the standalone app on Windows
- VST3 support - VST3 plugin format is now available for both Mac and Windows
- Multichannel calibration (* license upgrade required) - calibrate surround & ATMOS setups
- Virtual Monitoring Add-On (* separate license required) - spatial simulations on headphones
- L/R channel switch and Mono Mode - useful new mix-check features
- Profile Export - export your calibration profile and upload it directly to supported devices
- Target Mode - switch between new calibration target modes
- 'For listening' profiles - support for earbuds and in-ear headphones with 147+ new models
- User presets in DAW plugin - configure multiple profiles with customized settings assigned
- Dark Theme & Appearance - now available in the DAW plugin, sync with OS setting supported
- Resizing, zooming, and Compact View - adjust the standalone app GUI to your needs
- Zoom feature in DAW plugin - adjust the magnification level of the plugin window
- Revamped headphone selection wizard - better visuals and multiple modes for select profiles
- Hints and tooltips - improved in-app instructions for getting familiar with the software
- Login based authorization - access everything you need from your Sonarworks Account
More new features and improvements are still to come!
You can expect the same continuous improvements and new features to be released with upcoming SoundID Reference software updates, just like it was with Reference 4.